Thursday, November 24, 2011

Stuffing

Growing up, we always had stovetop stuffing for Thanksgiving. I assumed everyone did. I had never had anything different. When I married Jared, his parents came for Thanksgiving the first year and brought their homemade dressing. I was so leery of this that I bought and made stovetop as well. I love stuffing and didn't want to miss out on this yummy dish and for some reason thought that I would not like this "weird" homemade dressing (I mean, it's even called something different!). But of course I loved it and immediately felt bad that I had made back up stuffing. They have brought this homemade stuffing with them every year now and it is delicious.

This year, I stuffed the turkey myself, something I had never done before. For some reason I thought it was more involved than literally just stuffing the dressing into the gullet of the turkey. There's a giant, empty cavity and you fill it. The end. Now I feel silly that I always said I had never stuffed a turkey before and opted for someone else to do it.

What I learned: I learned how easy it is to stuff a turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment