Sunday, November 6, 2011

Punctuation Mark

Tonight I was playing Outburst with my mom and Alex and Alex got the category: Punctuation Marks. He easily got all ten answers. He then proceeded to tell us all about this article he read about lesser known punctuation marks, one of them being the Interrobang. This is a mark that is both an exclamation point and a question mark. Why is it that no one knows about this particular mark? It seems that I have very often put a question mark followed by an exclamation point at the end of a sentence because I wanted to portray both meanings. However, since that is clearly not academic, I save it for things like personal emails and Facebook entries. Come to find out, there’s a REAL mark for this exact thing.  Who knew



What I learned: There is a punctuation mark that incorporates an exclamation point and a question mark.

1 comment:

  1. I will now use these all over my novel. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete