Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Childish Gambino

Today Jared showed me a clip from Jimmy Fallon's late night show (I always get mixed up what all the late night shows are officially called). The clip was of his musical guest, Childish Gambino. I have never heard of this person/group and was wondering why Jared wanted me to see it. Turns out, it's a rapper who's real name is Donald Glover, the guy from Community! While I am seriously behind on watching Community, I still love the show and love the actors in it, so it was really cool to see "Troy" rapping hardcore on Jimmy Fallon's show. As for his rapper name, there is a website that's a Wu Tang Clan name generator and he said that once he put his name, Donald Glover, in the generator and it said his rapper name was Childish Gambino. So he went with it. Awesome.

My name would be: Mighty Ambassador. Funny how true that is to real life...

Try it yourself! http://www.mess.be/inickgenwuname.php

What I learned: Donald Glover is not only a funny actor in Community but he is a rapper and started out as a screenwriter for The Daily Show and 30 Rock. After looking him up on Wikipedia, I found out that he is from Stone Mountain, GA and went to Rockbridge Elementary School which was the school I would have gone to if I lived 5 miles in a different direction! And he is my age so we could have been in the same class! Crazy!  Haha, okay, so not that probable, but still, super cool. Also, my new name is Mighty Ambassador.

2 comments:

  1. And I am Pesty Wanderer...not sure how I feel about that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Inscrutable Drama Queen...like a glove.

    ReplyDelete