Friday, November 11, 2011

Munchkin

Yesterday Alex taught me a new game called Munchkin. While you aren't technically supposed to play this with only two players, we did just so I could learn it and because Alex really wanted to play. The game was not only really fun but it was really funny. The cards are hilarious and have outrageously funny pictures on them. I failed to use my learning of this new game as the thing I learned the day I learned it. However, today I went to Alex's local comic and gaming store upon his recommendation and found that it had the largest collection of Euro games I have ever seen in person. Half of the store had games and comics and the other half is just filled with tables and chairs where they hold many different gaming events weekly. I'm wondering why a small town like Davidson, NC has a store like this and Milwaukee doesn't. I looked for Munchkin to see how much the game was ($24.99) and saw that there was an entire shelf dedicated to the game with at least 16 different expansions. I am not exaggerating. I went to their website and there are actually 16 expansions as well as additional dice game additions, accessories and a board game (it's essentially a game with just cards). The original game comes with 168 cards and some of the expansions have 112 cards and are NOT stand alone games. Man, I can't imagine how many cards you can play with if you had a few expansions! Anyway, this is definitely a game I want to own. Any game that is fun already and has expansions means that you can play it endless times without it getting old. Now if only I had some disposable income to buy games.

What I learned: Munchkin has 16 expansions which could lead to endless hours of gaming fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment