Friday, November 25, 2011

Stats

Today, Jared was bragging about how many people have looked at his blog, specifically how many people have looked at his blog that live in other countries. I thought he was making this up because how on earth would he know that? In turn, he thought I was joking that I didn't know this was something anyone with a blog can check. So again I didn't believe him. He proceeded to show me the "stats" tab on my blog that shows not only how many page views, but what countries the page views originated from, what internet browser the blog was viewed on and what operating system was being used. It's like I can stalk my own blog. As of today, here are the stats for page views from other countries:

Russia: 37
UK: 6
Germany: 5
Peru: 1

This makes me really curious to know if my blog was A) viewed accidentally, B) came up in a Google search and clicked on, only to be backed out of after they realized it was not what they were looking for, or C) there are genuinely people in Russia who stumbled across my blog and are reading it. If C is true, I would love to know!

What I learned: You can find out a lot about the people viewing your blog...except their intentions.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you discovered this, though I am also sad...because it is a tad bit addicting!

    ReplyDelete