Monday, November 7, 2011

Games I Don't Enjoy

Today I learned how to play a new game called Clever Endeavor. The main gist of the game is that there are 6 clues, starting with harder ones and ending with easier ones, and you have to guess a person, place or thing. Most of the clues are puns or a play on words that you often don't understand until after you know the answer since the guesser doesn't get to read the clues. My mom has several games that are similar to this, including Guest Host and The Biography Game (although both of those are just guessing people). I play these games and never enjoy them but just thought they were not my favorite. After playing Clever Endeavor, I realized that I actually don't like playing them at all. This might not sound like a big deal, but I LOVE playing games, so to realize there are some I don't like at all, rather an entire genre of games I don't like at all, is weird. I do better at games like this that have clues that are mostly facts instead of puns (like 20 Questions), but still those aren't my favorite. I think another reason I don't like these games is because most of them were made prior to 1990 meaning that not only do I have a hard time with the clues and references but often don't know the people. I always finish the game in last place and often feel dumber than I did when I was in Calculus in high school.

Later in the evening, Alex and I played Agricola and I felt better...and smarter.

What I learned: There are some games I don't like playing, and that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment