Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Gas Station Coffee

So this morning my mom, Alex, Avery and I planned to head into Charlotte to go to an aviation museum and to check out a used book store that supposedly had over 20,000 books (we went and not only was it super small but it wasn’t a used book store…we think the website we found it on was misinformed or mixed up the name of the bookstore with another one and we went to the wrong one). Anyway, we had to leave by 9:00 and long story short, I didn’t have time to eat breakfast and was super tired besides. So we stopped at a gas station so I could get some coffee and donuts. My first mistake was deciding to get one of those cappuccino drinks instead of just plain coffee (honestly, I don’t really like coffee, I’m more of a tea drinker, but gas stations don’t have that and I didn’t want pop at 9am so coffee was my only option. Oh, plus I’m poor/cheap and didn’t want to spend $5 on one at Starbucks, so gas station coffee it is!). Many times I have gotten these drinks at my local Speedway in Milwaukee and they have always been decent and drinkable. I decided to get the English Toffee and a bag of Krispy Kreme donuts since it was only $.50 more to buy a bag than to buy two donuts.

I get to the car, wait the obligatory 10 minutes to try the coffee (I always burn my tongue) and man, it’s gross. I mean, not only does it not taste anything like the English toffee I get from Speedway, but it takes like liquid sugar with syrup in it. I try to drink more but just can’t do it. It’s undrinkable. I can’t decide if I’m more mad at wasting a dollar on a gross drink or that now I won’t have any caffeine. Lesson learned: don’t be brave when it comes to gas station coffee.

My second mistake was getting donuts for breakfast. After trying to consume that gross sugar-filled drink I tried a donut, which of course is sugary and sweet. After the coffee though, the sweetness is making me nauseous and I can’t bring myself to eat the donut either. I know I don’t usually like sweet things for breakfast, so what was I thinking? Clearly I wasn’t, which is why I needed the caffeine to wake me up. Gah!

What I learned: Don't trust gas station cappuccino machines and don't eat sweet and sugary things for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment