Thursday, December 8, 2011

Stephen Colbert

Stephen Colbert is awesome. He never fails to amuse me, whether he is giving me the news, interviewing, creating a Super PAC, singing Rebecca Black's "Friday" or ballet dancing with David Hallberg. He has won Emmy's and a Grammy and has created television's greatest ruse. But somehow it still surprised me to find out that Stephen Colbert performed on Broadway. Oddly enough within two days I found out about it twice: I read an article in a magazine that mentioned it in passing and then Colbert himself had Stephen Sondheim as a guest on his show where they talked about Colbert being in Sondheim's show Company (while that episode was on last week, I was a bit behind and therefore didn't see it until today). Is there anything this man can't do, entertainment-wise at least?  The only bad thing is that it was a concert production of the show with the New York Philharmonic (apparently they do this sort of thing often with Sondheim musicals) and they only had four performances, which means, I can never see him in it. The performance also had Neil Patrick Harris in it though! Man, that would have been a great show to see.

What I learned: Stephen Colbert is more awesome than I had originally thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment