Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Inventions

Today I was reading an article in Time that listed the 50 best inventions of the year. Some of them are totally impractical (like a $100,000 razor) while some are really usable by the masses. My favorite one was a pen that remembered what you wrote and could translate it digitally onto your computer. For example, an artist wants to sketch something on paper and wants to send it to a publisher. The device has a little box that sits at the top of your paper and you just draw (or write) and the box records the movements. Then you hook up the box to your computer (like a flash drive) and the image is instantly transferred digitally. I don't know if I'm explaining this well,  but it seems really cool and useful for normal people, too. You could also take notes on paper for a class or just jot down a to-do list and then put it directly onto your phone or computer to store it digitally or to email it, etc. The article did not mention how much this device would cost, but I thought it was cool. There were a lot of other cool inventions, too but I'm too tired to think of them now.

What I learned: A device is in development that will allow you to digitally recreate anything you write or draw on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment