Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Iowa GOP Results

I don't know how many of my readers follow politics but I gather that you have figured out that I do. So I was very curious to see the results of the Iowa caucuses from yesterday. And boy was I surprised. Mitt Romney only won by 8 votes, followed closely behind by...Rick Santorum? What?! Where on earth did that come from? I have been following semi-closely and it seems that no one saw this one coming, not only because Romney only won by 8 votes, but that the second place person wasn't Ron Paul or Newt or even Rick Perry. I was also a little surprised that Michelle Bachmann got in last place but am not sad that she is leaving the race. It will be really interesting to see what happens in New Hampshire next week now.

What I learned: Rick Santorum apparently is surging as a candidate, coming in second place in Iowa by only 8 votes.

No comments:

Post a Comment