Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Jeans

Today my dad babysat Avery for a few hours at my house and when I got home, Ken was watching this show about how jeans were made.  Now this is one of those things that I have never sat down to think about how they are actually made, so of course I was intrigued.  Without recapping the entire hour-long show, I will give you a few highlights.

-At this one factory in Mexico, they make 400,000 pairs of jeans a day.
-They dye the thread yellow first because the blue dye doesn't stay as well; something about dying the thread yellow first helps the blue dye hold, although as most of us know, new jeans still bleed blue a little because it is really hard for the blue dye to stay on cotton.
-For every three blue threads, there is one white thread

There was a lot of information on the show and it really made me want to watch more of this show.  Fortunately, I can't even remember the channel or the name of the show, which is good because I have too many things to watch anyway.

What I Learned: How jeans are made.

No comments:

Post a Comment