Thursday, April 5, 2012

Continuous Distribution

Today at the Maundy Thursday service at Grace, they did continuous distribution for Holy Communion. I found this rather strange seeing as to me, continuous distribution takes away some of the significance of communion in the first place, and then they decide to do this on the one day of the church year where we are celebrating the institution of the Lord's Supper? And it's not like there were way more people there than on Sunday and they needed to get through everyone quickly. I just don't understand why they would use this practice at all. I really didn't like it and am glad that they only use this method of distribution during the early service at Grace. Let's hope it stays that way.

What I Learned: I do not like continuous distribution for Holy Communion.

1 comment: