Saturday, October 29, 2011

Witches and Orgies...in the Bible

While attending a Reforween party (yes, that's Reformation/Halloween), my friend Brett, dressed as a devout monk, lectured my friend Angela, dressed as Professor Trelawney, that witchcraft and orgies are in the same sentence in the Bible and she should be ashamed of herself!  This was all said in character of course, but I found this to be such a weird statement for some reason and decided that I had never heard this fact before and that I needed to look into it.  Sure enough, Galatians 5:19-21 reads as follows:

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions  21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

What I learned: Witchcraft and orgies are indeed in the same sentence in the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment