Friday, October 28, 2011

The NBA Lockout

For someone who thinks basketball is the lamest sport ever, you might be wondering why on earth my post is about the NBA.  Well today I realized that while I keep hearing about the lockout and that more and more games are being canceled for the 2011-2012 season, I don't actually know why there is a lockout.  Normally, since again, I do not like basketball, I would just shrug it off as yet another example of greedy athletes.  But since I am striving to learn something new every day, I decided to look into it.  And by that I mean I had my brother Neal look it up on his phone and give me a summary of what's going on.  Hey, that might be a cop out, but it's already a big step for me to pretend to care.  After hearing the summary I came to the conclusion that it pretty much is another example of greedy athletes and I went about my day.  I'm sorry, but I will never feel sorry for someone who makes over a million dollars a year and complains about not making enough or that revenue sharing isn't split up evenly amongst players and owners.  Seriously?  There are people losing there homes.  There are people getting jobs at McDonalds to pay bills because they can't find another job.  Your job on the other hand is to play a sport that you supposedly find fun on national television for millions of dollars a year. Why are more people not up in arms about this?

Oh, and I also made a delicious tuna casserole for lunch today that I had never made before.  I was thinking about making that the one thing I learned today but thought it would be lame to not have pictures of it and it's completely gone.  I guess that means it was a hit.  I plan on adding that to my list of good recipes to make for a big family-for when my family has more kids in it and for when they are older and eat large portions of food :)

What I learned: The NBA lockout is a result of greedy people wanting more money (surprise). I made a new yummy tuna casserole.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. I can't believe the NBA is willing to go through all of this, because it makes them look so greedy! Who is on either group's side?? Also, I love tuna casserole.

    -Whit

    ReplyDelete