Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Picasa and Walgreens

Today I learned how to successfully get my pictures from my online Picasa album onto walgreens' website in order to make a photo book.  You see, Picasa seems to be set up so nicely-I take pictures on my phone, which automatically uploads to my Picasa web albums.  Then I can log on and order prints from these albums with just a few clicks.  However, I have never been able to order the pictures from an album by choosing that I want to put them in a photo book-you can only order actual prints.  Today I decided to figure it out once and for all.  You have to a) sync your web albums to Picasa 3 on your computer (since I don't upload my photos onto my computer from a camera, my pictures are only online).  Then you have to b) find out where Picasa 3 stores these pictures (easily done, my docs/my pics/downloaded album/etc).  Then c) on the walgreens website, you just have to log in, go to create a photo book and upload your pictures onto the website from your hard drive.  Not only was this way too many steps, but it required me to use my own laptop to do this since the pictures had to be stored.  This process also has the huge downside of having to wait for 153 pictures to download once onto your computer and then upload them again onto another website.  My laptop is old, slow, annoying and the left mouse button just broke in half.  Gah!  After an hour, I successfully got 153 photos from our vacation out west into albums on walgreens.com to make into photo books at a later time...which turned out to be for the past two hours after Avery went to sleep.

And now my task is complete and I know how to make photo books from my prints on picasa...too bad it takes forever.

What I learned: How to make a photobook on the walgreens website using pictures from a picasa web album.

No comments:

Post a Comment