Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Eye Doctor

I had my yearly eye appointment this morning and when I arrived, they asked me if my insurance was the same. While our insurance provider is still technically the same, Wells Fargo changed the plan they offer to employees, so our yearly eye exam is now covered under a separate vision plan instead of under our medical plan like it used to be. So I showed her the new card and they don't take the new vision plan! I have been going to this eye doctor since I moved to Wisconsin and am completely pissed off about this. I called the new insurance company to see if they possibly reimburse you for out-of-network providers. Ironically, the hold message kept repeating how this vision plan is the number one accepted plan amongst eye doctors in the nation. The lady told me that they reimburse you up to $55 for out of network exams. So I asked my eye doctor how much an eye exam cost and they said $170! WHAT?!?! Yeah, so now I have to find a new eye doctor and I am really pissed off about it.

America, I hate your stupid healthcare system.

What I learned: My eye doctor does not accept my "new" insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment