Friday, January 4, 2013

7 months later...

The last time I posted, I was about to have a baby. Ophelia Maize is now over 7 months old. Some would say that it is excusable to not make writing a blog a priority when you have a newborn. Others would say I'm lazy. While I'm sure my reasons for not continuing lie somewhere in between, I would still like to make the effort to write again. When I started thinking about continuing this blog, I toyed with a few different ideas of how I could write about something different, or choose a different focus...but now it's been months and this lack of focus or direction has led me to do absolutely nothing. So instead I have decided that I just need to start writing and see where it takes me. I'm sure a lot of my posts will be filled with anecdotes about my children or incessant complaining about their sleep schedules (or lack there of), but I am hoping to also fill it with new things I learn as well as generic observations and adventures.

So to begin: If you know me at all, you probably also know that my wonderful son Avery doesn't sleep well. And while I try not to complain about this, I often do. I have to remind myself of all the things he is awesome at (which is everything else, really). So today, I'm going to praise Avery's eating habits. Lately, he has taken to walking to the fridge to ask for something to eat, asks us to open the door, and then looks in the fridge, pondering what to eat. Today, he picked out the following meal: string cheese, turkey, blueberries, broccoli and grape tomatoes. I then put it all on his plate, showed it to him and he said, "oh boy!!" and ran to his chair in the dining room. He was SO excited to eat. This scenario is an almost daily occurrence (with the food varying of course).

It's these little victories that remind me that while Jared and I can't do that much to control his sleep issues (sometimes I think I might have done something wrong, or not done something, to contribute to this problem, but we did nothing different with Ophelia and she has no problems), we have done fairly well when it comes to things we can help control, like helping him develop and create healthy eating habits. I am so thankful that he is a good eater :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! We're both back to our blogs! And Avery can come over and make me lunch anytime!

    ReplyDelete